Monday, March 14, 2011

So, what's a Zho ?


Zho - n Tibetan breed of cattle, developed by crossing the yak with common cattle.

A handy word to know when you're playing Scrabble. Played correctly, on a triple word score, it can give you a minimum score of 45 points!


I do enjoy a game of Scrabble. It's been a while since I played, but managed to squeeze a game in with my dad this weekend (once the kids were in bed obviously!). I find Scrabble focuses the mind, whilst challenging you. I also find it a very relaxing game - although not all the time as I frequently have people arguing with me when I play words like 'zho' !

The funny thing is, I would not describe myself as a 'word man'. As you can see from my blog, I'm happy to ramble on, and, if you've ever met me, you'll know I can talk, but I would still class myself as more of a science / maths type person than a word person. Weird.

This blog is a little bit like Scrabble for me. It's focusing my mind, photography wise. It is also proving a challenge at times - thinking of new ideas, or taking photos indoors when you don't get home until after dark. But it also relaxes me and gives me some goals to achieve!

So, as much as I'd like to offer more words, I imagine Babs may give me a few if I don't crack on and stick the dishwasher on, or tidy the LEGO off our living room floor, and for that reason I'm off.

Oh, and if you ever fancy a game of Scrabble, let me know .....

No comments: