Thursday, March 10, 2011

Giant Steps Are What You Take ....



Giant steps are what you take
Walking on the moon
I hope my legs don't break
Walking on the moon
We could walk for ever
Walking on the moon
We could be together
Walking on, walking on the moon



Sting and the Police sang that in their classic song, Walking On The Moon. (We're back to the music again!).

That song has always been a favourite of mine, I first heard it when my Grandma sang it whilst listening to a Hits Of The 70's album on vinyl ! I must've been about 7 or 8 years old and we sang it together!

Several years ago, when Babs was pregnant with Samuel, we were fortunate enough to see The Police in Fenway Park, Boston, After securing some tickets from a tout, we walked into the stadium just as Walking On The Moon was beginning. As the classic dum-de-dum, dum-de-dum chords were struck, the hairs on my neck literally stood up, I was a happy man!

Anyway, I digress. Tonight's image was not originally going to be of the moon. I have been racking my brain all day and had a few ideas - even to the point of borrowing some food colouring from my neighbour! Alas, as those of you who have been following this blog will know, Thursday night is my photography club night (I'm now a fully paid up member by the way!).

So, whilst driving home afterwards tonight, I looked up into the sky to see a clear sky and a nice bright moon - I knew this was the shot.

It also got me thinking about the Giant Steps .... and how people do take giant steps everyday. Speaking to my nephew earlier today, he is learning to add numbers together that make 10, a giant step in his development. Babs's OfSTED, "good with outstanding features" is a giant step in her career (and mean's she's safe from them for at least another 3 years!). My commencing of the blog and photography club has been a giant step towards relighting my interest in photography. Every day, all over the world, people taking one small step for themselves, and one giant step for mankind.

As for the hoping my legs don't break part of the lyrics, see yesterday's post about the slip in the shower !

Walking on, walking on the moon.

No comments: